Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time Flies...

Eli in the Maryland Snow
Boy, have the past few months been overwhelming! Time flies! 

As mentioned in my last blog, I visited my aunt, Mamu, in Hungary. Debbie and I had always wanted to visit her, but we could never quite make the trip. I’m very disappointed that they couldn’t meet, but undoubtedly they will do so in Heaven.

Sophia in the Snow
I drove to Maryland, spent time with the grandkids, and flew to Hungary from Philadelphia. Well, I left just as the big storm hit the country and my flight was delayed for a few days.  Eli and Sophia, our grandkids, loved it; I now know why we moved to Texas. You might enjoy the attached pictures…

My aunt, Mamu, is doing quite well. She is 92 years old, but seems to be only 75 in all respects. She is extremely sharp and generally in good health. We had a terrific time just talking for the couple of days. When planning the trip I had feared we’d run out of things to talk about, but that was not the case at all. We could have talked for several more days. The visit reminded me of our guests who visit Roseland as a family and spend nights just talking, playing games, and having a terrific family moment before reentering the “real” world. It was a real joy; I look forward to seeing her again.

Mamu
There was a lot of catching up to do upon my return to the states; business at Roseland has been hopping with lots of B&B guests and several weekends with two weddings per weekend. We also have lawn equipment to repair and prep for the coming season; paperwork and taxes to complete; and so on. It’s simply amazing how much time all that takes and how little time we all have. This is the first real opportunity to sit back, take a breath, and catch up.

Opa and Brayden
As if Roseland weren’t enough, shortly after my return, Baby Brayden was born. He weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. at 21 inches long. Baby, mommy, and daddy are doing quite well. He is a very good little boy and sleeps most of the time; therefore we haven’t been able to harness him to work yet. Maybe when Christina comes back from maternity leave...

Time sure does fly!
God bless,

Steve

No comments: