Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What a Winter!

This is a comparatively slow time of the year, so I decided to take a trip to Hungary to visit my aging Aunt who is 92. I drove to Maryland to see family and flew from there. The day after I arrived in Maryland, we had that big 30” snowfall which paralyzed the East Coast, my birthday party was canceled, and all flights were canceled. We spent my birthday shoveling snow in Maryland.

In the meantime, Roseland had 6” of snow here in Texas, which is very unusual but beautiful. Fortunately it melted quickly and Jennifer and Christina didn’t have to shovel. Our neighbor, Tim, took some pictures and I thought you’d like this one of the Hambrick Chapel.

The Hambrick Chapel at Roseland Plantation

The trip was wonderful, and provided an opportunity to readjust to life without Debbie.  I arrived back to Roseland last week.  Business has been brisk and is picking up; Christina is scheduled to have her baby momentarily, so it looks like things are going to be busy.  We look forward to seeing you soon.
God bless,

Steve

No comments: